TASSSP and Sixup are working to make TRIO programs in Texas aware of Uploan™ and to help students secure the funding they need to go college, persist, and graduate. With Uploan™ students can take the financial burden off their families because they don't need a co-signer or a parent to help them apply. Sixup rewards students for academic success.
Uploan™ is unlike any other college financial aid. We invest in students to pursue and achieve their desired outcomes regardless of family background. We're looking for high-achieving, motivated students from low-income families; students who could excel in college, but may never get the chance simply because they don't have access to the resources they need to succeed.
Uploan™ is designed for TRIO and other low-income first generation students who:
- Need gap funding in addition to federal, state and institutional aid.
- Can't or don't want to burden their families with Parent Plus Loans.
- Don't have anyone willing or able to co-sign for other private loans.
Uploan™ features include:
- Pre-approval with flexibility to reduce the loan to the exact amount of their unmet need when the semester begins.
- Loan qualification based on academics. No co-signer needed. Students qualify based on their own academic records, not their family FICO scores.
- Interest rates as low as 4.49 percent.
- In-college support to connect students with tutoring, internships and jobs.
Uploan™ eligibility requirements:
- Student must be 18 years of age before the start of the school year.
- Student must be entering, transferring to or currently enrolled full-time at a four-year institution.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Student's GPA should be near or above 3.0.